Forum of the Tyrant Clan, PhoenixLords.

Improve my Quick Strike Deck

Poll

Which type of deck doing you hate going up against the most?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    33% [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Improve my Quick Strike Deck

Post by IcyHaze02 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 pm

This is my current quick strike deck, and so far it have be working very well. I took out Mech Walker for Sharp Shooter. Sharp Shooter has my life and evade, making it better against other quick strike decks and structure decks. Anyways, I would like to remove Hunter from the deck. It has a lot of kill power, but it has been sitting in my hand in so many fights because the opponent has and Atlas. Pulsating Bunker, Trailbazer, and Gatling Tower are all good options to replace my Hunter, I just want to know which one do you guys think is the best to swap.

Also I think I want to change my Commander to either Stravos or Lucina the Wicked.

Oh, and I put up a poll, just curious on other member opinion.
    Nucleus
    Ashes
    Ashes

Re: Improve my Quick Strike Deck

Post by Nucleus on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 am

I've been experimenting with a strike deck and without Lucina and/or Iron Maiden I have a pretty hard time taking out ogre or righteous decks. I normally use a utopia deck and from that biased point of view, when I'm fighting a strike deck I just pray that iron maiden doesn't show up, because all my stuff just disappears.

I feel that Lucina has better synergy with strike decks because strike decks should be about getting the lead early, and enfeeble helps a lot with that, but then again Stavros may be better in ceratin situations.

Otherwise, out of the 3 options you gave I would probably choose gatling tower for its support abilities. Since you have a fast deck you can beat most fear decks so I don't think you need a wall. Trailblazer is a pretty sick card, but if you compare abilities it feels like another sharpshooter.

Oh and my #1 most hated deck: Support Carriers
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 am

Wow, you were not kidding. Iron Maiden helps wipe the board. So far I haven't noticed much of a difference between using Lucina the Wicked and Atlas.

My Orge and Quick Strike decks cannot beat those gosh darn Support Carriers. But than they took a Pathrazer Deck to the knee. LoL.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Post by Tropicallo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:53 am

I voted for Structures, but that is mostly because my Quick Strike folds to it completely. I don't think it's the best defense deck out there, but even if I get out my 2 guys with Siege 2, I won't beat it.

My Quick Strike runs 1x Bulging Mantis and 1x Microgen to deal with refreshers and sometimes Support Carriers. I like the Mantis a bit more, because Microgen is useless against some decks, but the speed 2 on the Mantis is sometimes a problem. Just something to consider if you have problems with refreshers.

I like Atlas more than LTW if you plan on surging, but I can see an argument for either one. In the end, I think that LTW falls short if I can't connect with a striker (you run more than me though, so it shouldn't be as problematic for you). On the surge, enfeeble just doesn't seem to go where I need it to, and I feel that Atlas is much better against other Quick Strike decks.

I like your build better than mine, and I think I just need to tighten mine up. When I added the disease guys, I think it put me away from a Quick Strike build into some mucky fast deck that tries to deal with too many things. As for your replacement for Hunter, I would also suggest Gatling Tower of the choices you gave. I still think Hunter is fine, and an early hunter is pretty good against Ogre decks if you have no disease, but there are certainly times he is useless. Trailblazer seems awful if you run into Dracorex (which, in case you haven't noticed, is pretty much everywhere), and Pulsating Bunker's only real benefit to your deck would be Strike 2 instead of Strike 1. The way I look at Quick Strike decks is that there are a bunch of abilities that are completely pointless for you to use, since you basically just want to get out enough strike to lock them down, and Pulsating Bunker has two of those abilities.

Anyway, I am certainly not the best person to consult with on the matter, but I think your deck looks pretty good. Happy hunting.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:16 pm

I went back to using Atlas. Lucina the Wicked was not helping against other strike decks and I even lost 3 times against II Spam Sad

Three of my card strike when they are played, so Lucina's Enfeeble takes effect after those abilities go off. But Iron Maiden's Enfeeble plus Atlas Strike is always nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:26 pm