Forum of the Tyrant Clan, PhoenixLords.

Silly Magic: the Gathering decks

IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Silly Magic: the Gathering decks

Post by IcyHaze02 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Some of you may already know that I do play the TCG Magic: the Gathering. And I am looking for suggestions from other players of this game. I like to play unusaul decks that are based around a certain creature type slike oozes,very specific creature types, like Kithikin Soldier, or based around a mechanic, such as milling, recurrsion, land destruction. But lately my I have run dry on ideas of making new goofy decks. So if anyone has a fun deck idea, I would like to hear about. Thank for listen to one of my many rants.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Re: Silly Magic: the Gathering decks

Post by Tropicallo on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:57 am

What are your limitations? You mentioned Kithkin Soldiers, so I'm guessing you have some cards that aren't super-new. As for very, very general suggestions, Goblins or Elves have been timeless classics for a reason. Vampires is compettitive in the newer environment if you like them. I have a lot of old cards, and so I have a Minotaur and Griffin deck, if you are looking for something just goofy.

I suggest playing Commander (used to be called Elder Dragon Highlander or EDH) if you are looking for a casual, fun way to play. It's growing in popularity, and I find it to be the best format for casual play.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah, Griffin does seem like a funny tribe to make. As far as EDH, I have three decks. Kaervak, the Merciless for my Red/Black deck, Darien, King of Kjeldor for my White Soldier deck. And Zur the Enchanter for my White/Blue/Black Enchantment deck. I also want to make a Sen Triplets EDH deck.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Post by Tropicallo on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51 am

I have a bunch of EDH decks. My favorite is Mono-black, with a ton of Dark Ritual type cards for ramp, and just huge black creatures. It's not great, but boy is it fun. My strongest EDH is either B/R Goblins with Wort, or W/G Enchantment Control with 13 Wrath of God effects.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm