Forum of the Tyrant Clan, PhoenixLords.

So here it is, Merry Christmas

Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

So here it is, Merry Christmas

Post by Tropicallo on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:32 am

Everyone enjoying their Christmas? Anything to share? Mine is a melancholy Christmas, but that's nothing new. Just another lovey-dovey holiday alone without my love, stuck babysitting my childish mother. But I digress.

Anyone get any good gifts, or have any fun gatherings? Anyone do exactly what they want for this holiday season? Anyone having the best Christmas ever? Share your stories. Revel in the cheerful holidays.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Re: So here it is, Merry Christmas

Post by IcyHaze02 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:43 pm

For me, this is a lackluster Christmas. Money is a little tight this year, so Christmas is more of a day off than the super amazing holiday it was when I was just a little boy. The gift given to me and by me are sparce this year. Which is to bad, I really do like giving people gifts. But I am thankful to live in a house and can spend time with my family. The last week, I have seen a lot of homeless people on the side of the road asking for money. I feel, not only because I don't have money to spare to give them, but this winter is colder than our winter last year. Sorry for not painting a cheery picture of Christmas this year. I hope everyone has happy and eventful holiday season.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Post by Tropicallo on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:51 am

I guess I started a trend of non-cheery Christmas stories, so don't feel too bad.

I am unmotivated to buy gifts, and I am not receiving much (I don't need more stuff anyway, so no issue there). But, money is tight, so it's for the better. This holiday season isn't much different than every other day for me this year. It's a real shame.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:57 pm

I guess everyone else was too busy to respond to the thread. I think money is a little tight for most people this year. I was a least able to just sit down and relax all day. santa
    stilgardm
    Faction Leader
    Faction Leader

Post by stilgardm on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:16 pm

For my own part, I'm far away of my familly so the christmas time it's just a good time to work more and make more money. But in normal we never really celebrate christmas, we never find the time for. So everything was more during new year. this year I pass tons of time on the phone to call everyones, and some friends and I have our own christmas meal, but no gift. Just enjoy to be together.

I never really loved the idea of having to make gift to someone, for me a gift it's really something you give with your heart for no good reason. Just because you appreciate this person and you find something great for him/her. And you don't need a special occasion to do it.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Just because you appreciate this person and you find something great for him/her. And you don't need a special occasion to do it.[/quote]

This is so true. If I see something I think one of friends or family would really like, I try to give it to them as a gift, just because I care.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Post by Tropicallo on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Gift-giving loses all of its meaning when it is forced, so Christmas time is sometimes bittersweet for that reason. I tend to get cheap, thoughtful gifts, but it takes a lot of effort, and I often feel exhausted afterward. It's no good for anyone. This year, I don't think I'm getting anyone a gift. I might buy one or two gifts for close friends, but I don't really want to.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:34 am

I agree. I don't like giving or receiving gifts because of social pressure. I like genuine acts of kindness. Although the two aren't mutually exclusive, it's really hard to feel the same about a spontaneous gift and an expected one.
    stilgardm
    Faction Leader
    Faction Leader

Post by stilgardm on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 am

I hate having to give gift to someone that you just see one time a year. Like a uncle or an ante. You don't even have news of them during a own year, but they show up at the familly party. What gift you kind find for those peoples, make no sens to me. and really even for a close persons, buying a gift for buying a gift. I mean most of the time you don't find something really great for this person. So you spend money on something they will not really like, and it will be in the garbage 2 months after.
    Nighttiger
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Nighttiger on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:54 pm

See, gift giving is not really good if it's forced. That's why I don't buy gifts much.

Anyway, I had a nice Christmas at home... again. Haha... my story is just a normal Christmas.

miller
    Elder Phoenix
    Elder Phoenix

Post by miller on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Totally agree on the gift giving opinions. My friends and family seem to have an unspoken agreement not to buy each other gifts.... instead, we usually have dinner and spend time together. Just simple stuff.

This year, I made the turkey and stuffing. I think it turned out good.

Normally, I seemed cursed around Christmas. This year passed without incident, so I'm fairly happy about that.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Post by Tropicallo on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:41 pm

I bought my mom some new silverware for the house, and a movie that she lost 6 months ago and never got around to replacing. She got me nachos from the convenient store and some Vanilla Coke.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:41 am

Tropicallo wrote:She got me nachos from the convenient store and some Vanilla Coke.

Ah, I love Vanilla Coke. On a extra off note, I miss Pepsi Blue. It was Pepsi that also tasted like blue cotton candy. Which is AMAZING. It is like injected sugar right into your vains. I really like sweets and can tolerate a lot of sugar, it was perfect for me. Sorry to belittle you Christmas present with my rant. You quickly mentioning Vanilla Coke has reminded me that I have been Jonesing for Pepsi Blue for almost eight years now.
    Tropicallo
    Grand Phoenix
    Grand Phoenix

Post by Tropicallo on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:29 pm

No belitting taken. Thanks for the rant.
    IcyHaze02
    PhoenixLord
    PhoenixLord

Post by IcyHaze02 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 am

And thank you for listening to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:24 pm